Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting More Travel Information

I’m still on cloud nine! I’ve made my first payment for the trip, registered for my pre-departure class, talked to the director to find out travel and class information, and tomorrow I’m going to go into the BYU travel office and get some help setting up my flights and getting my International Student Identification Card.

I went to see Dr. Paxman (our program director and English professor) today because I had some questions. He told me I was the first person to come in and talk to him about trip stuff after being accepted. I told him it was because I couldn’t contain my excitement and just wanted to get everything in order as fast as I could! He’s a really nice guy. I checked him out on RateMyProfessors.com and saw good and bad things listed. Fingers crossed that the good ratings were more accurate!

I’ve been using Google to find out as much information about the BYU London center as I can. Unfortunately I can’t find a website that’s just for the center. On the upside, I’ve found lots of blogs from people who have gone or are currently there. Through those I’ve gotten to see what the London Center looks like a bit better.

As I view some of these blogs, I get super excited, but at the same time I wonder how much fun stuff will have to be cut out of our itinerary because it’s only a two month summer term instead of a four month fall or winter term. I would really love to do a fall or winter term instead, but I’d have to postpone graduation and shell out even more money. Neither of which I want to do.

Well, that’s where I’m at right now. I should have more to say later, once I’ve got flights planned and especially after the pre-departure class starts (Mar. 4th). YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment