Monday, February 23, 2009

Checking out the Theaters

I didn’t think I’d be posting again until after my first pre departure class, but I’ve been having too much fun NOT to post anything! I’ve been having a blast checking out the shows that will be going on in the London theaters while I’m there. I think we get to go to some productions as part of the program, and I think we get some time on weekends to do our own thing. If I’m in London, I’m definitely going to be hitting up the theaters! I’ve found a couple different websites (London Theater Guide, London Theater Tickets for West End Shows) that list shows and times, so I’ve been trying to decide what shows I REALLY want to try and see while I’m there. My list is growing and changing constantly, but as of right now this is what it looks like (in order):


Wicked (I’ve heard awesome things about the music and the show but haven’t seen it, want to!)
Lion King (Seen the film, heard beyond fantastic reviews, want to see it!)
Hamlet (One of if not THE best Shakespeare play. I’ve studied it, read it, watched the four hour movie version, seen it performed at BYU and I want to see it in London… besides, Jude Law is playing Hamlet!)
Waiting For Godot (Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are both in this production, that’s the only reason I want to go, they’re awesome.)
Oliver! (It has Rowan Atkinson, Omid Djalili and Burn Gorman, some more stars I would love to see in person.)
Chicago (Seen the film, want to see it on stage!)
Hairspray (Seen the film, want to see it on stage!)
Les Miserables (I saw the musical a LONG time ago and have since read the book. Now that I can more fully appreciate it I want to see it on stage!)
Phantom of the Opera (Read the book, seen the film, seen the US tour, want to see it again!)
Mamma Mia! (Seen the film, want to see it on stage.)





Between souvenirs and theater tickets I think I’m going to go broke. *guilty grin*

Granted, I'm sure some of these shows will be sold out by the time I know what my schedule looks like so I won't be able to get tickets... but this is just a wish list! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment