Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Catch Up

This summer has been a whirlwind, trying to get everything ready for London, finish an independent study class, AND work (sub in two school districts). Here it is, the night before I leave and I’m finally able to tell you everything that I’ve been doing in relation to study abroad!

Shopping:
*They suggested a sleep mask and ear plugs which I got and got to use while I was house sitting. They work quite well and I plan on taking them on the plane with me so that I can get eight hours of sleep on my plane from New York to London. I figure since I get in to London at 7:05am if I just wake up from eight hours of sleep I should be able to combat jet lag pretty well. Right? We’ll see. Jumping eight hours forward is pretty intense.
*Notebook: three subject, durable, able to hold my pens and such and will work great for travel and studying on the go!
*Outlet adapters: I’ll be using those for my laptop and cell phone (both are made to work on either current). I realize I won’t be able to use my cell phone in London, but I think it would make a great alarm clock in the morning if nothing else, so I’m taking it.
*Phone card: I don’t know how many minutes I’ll get out of it from overseas but we’ll see. I’ll also be using Skype.

Packing:
I’m all done! I’m so used to traveling to Utah for school with a car load that only having one big piece of luggage and my backpack makes me feel like I’m missing something. I tried to take only the things I knew I would use and there’s still room in my luggage so I’ll be able to bring back gifts and souvenirs.

Travel Update:
Originally I was scheduled to fly out of PDX at 6:00am PDT but it got changed to 6:30am. Still, that means I’m leaving the house at 2:30am to get to the airport by 4:30am. Bleh. Kaitlin, one of my friends who is going (took a Spanish class with her before this) booked us a shuttle to take us from the airport to the BYU London Center. I hope tomorrow goes off without a hitch because I really don’t want to be stuck in a foreign country with no idea what I’m doing. :-P

I don’t think there’s anything else to relay at the moment. Tomorrow my journey begins! I’ve got my digital camera and lots of extra batteries so there will be pictures galore.

Don’t forget that you can leave comments! I’d love to hear from anyone who is reading! :-D Advice, suggestions, questions or whatever are appreciated.

Next blog from London!

No comments:

Post a Comment